A Nonprofit Organization that is Connected
Southwestern AHEC, Inc. has been serving the community as a nonprofit organization for a long time. We are proud to say that our success is built on strong, collaborative partnerships that enhance our commitment to improving the health of our communities. Moreover, it has allowed us to have a wealth of resources to share.
(We are continuously adding new material, so come back often)
Connecticut's policies regarding masks and face coverings were updated to align with the recently modified CDC recommendations.
The statewide mask policy that is currently in effect is as follows:
- Masks not required
- Vaccinated not required to wear masks
- Unvaccinated must wear masks
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone in certain settings such as healthcare facilities, facilities housing vulnerable populations, public and private transit, correctional facilities, schools, and childcare
- Businesses and state and local government offices have the option to require masks to be worn by everyone in their establishments
Municipal option to move beyond the minimum requirements of the statewide mask policy
- Effective August 5, 2021, municipal leaders have the option of requiring masks to be worn by everyone in indoor public places regardless of vaccination status within their respective towns and cities